04 Jun Key characteristics of induction stoves: principle of procedure, conditions of use
An induction stove is a kind of heating device powered by electrical energy. It makes use of a swiftly changing magnetic field. The induction stove heats up much faster than the electrical or gas stove. The entire surface area of the panel or a particular area of it is not revealed to warmth. For food preparation, unique frying pans are used, which are drawn in by a magnet (steel, cast iron).
Induction ranges are slowly replacing conventional gas choices. Let's attempt to comprehend what an induction range is, just how the devices function, and also what you need to pay attention to when choosing.
Specific characteristics of the induction range
Induction hobs use a rapidly changing electromagnetic field. It is created by coils located just below the work surface. After installing a pan with ferromagnetic materials (substances attracted by a magnet) and turning on the hob, the electricity is converted into heat, causing eddy currents. In this way, the dishes are heated directly. Cooking will become a more efficient process.
When buying an induction stove, you need to get a special kitchen set. The bottom of the pots and pans for the presented household appliances is marked with a special symbol.
Pros and cons of induction stoves
Induction stoves do not differ in appearance from conventional ceramic options. They look extremely elegant and modern. This is their undeniable advantage.
The presented hotplates belong to energy-saving devices - the heat is generated only in the lower part of the hob and not on the surface of the stove. This principle of operation increases safety when using household equipment. Among the other advantages of his work are the following:
- Thanks to the direct heating of the dishes, the platform itself remain cool. Unlike gas stoves, there is no contact with fire. Any housewife who prefers comfort during cooking will appreciate it.
- The economy. Heating only the bottom of the cookware, not the entire hob, consumes less energy. Due to the constant increase in tariffs, this is considered a good advantage.
- Easy to clean. Flat surfaces and the absence of hard-to-reach corners and cracks make cleaning easy. It will take a minimum of time to clean the hob.
- Save time. The Power Boost function halves the cooking time. This is due to the ability to program modes for built-in equipment.
- Healthy eating. The direct effect on food and the ability to regulate temperature allows vegetables not to lose so many vitamins, and meat - becomes juicier.
- Home appliances are equipped with many additional and useful features. They are specially designed to preserve the taste of individual products.
- Easy to use. Diagnose errors by displaying an error code. This will simplify the work of any craftsman who immediately understands what is wrong with the equipment.
- Elegant and aesthetic appearance. This parameter is especially important for those who prefer harmony in the kitchen room.
The principle of operation and capabilities of the device
The offer of induction stoves is becoming wider and more diverse from year to year. This modern and convenient type of built-in appliances is very popular. Induction cooking is convenient, fast, and appreciated by modern hosts. This makes induction hobs increasingly popular. The models presented in the stores are very different. The buyer should be familiar with several basic characteristics of the choice:
- Induction hob size. This is one of the most important features to consider when buying home appliances. Not every kitchen will meet the standard sixty and this is not always necessary. Induction hobs are available in many different sizes. This is an important parameter due to the different layouts of modern kitchens.
- Distribution and number of heating circuits. It is worth paying attention to the ergonomic layout and other features of the selected induction stove. The most important thing is not the size of the stove, but how the heating fields are distributed and which tiles can be placed on them. This need is not the same for different people.
- Power and type of power supply. Such parameters can be crucial in the case of old electrical conductors. Some heating plates must be connected to a three-phase system. Others - can be used after connection to one phase (230 V).
- Design and control. These are parameters that cannot be underestimated. The aesthetics and color of the induction hob are important in that they affect the appearance of the entire kitchen. When it comes to controlling, it's about the convenient operation of the device. Currently the most popular and common are induction stoves with touch control. Electronic or mechanical models are rarely used. Electronics are more practical and functional.
What types of induction stoves are
An important advantage of induction stoves is the safety of their use. Thanks to the direct heating of the bottom of the pan, and not the whole dish (as well as the absence of flame under the pan), the risk of burns is reduced. Although the plate is turned on, the surface around the container remains cold. Some manufacturers use additional locks that prevent an accidental switching on countertops, both during cleaning and when the child is playing in the kitchen. Among the important choices are the following.
Number of heating fields
The number of fields is an important factor when choosing a device. The smaller they are, the lower the price of the device. Most signs are equipped with four fields. However, you can come across countertops with three or even two fields. Unlike gas stoves, induction options provide precise temperature settings. Cooking areas should not be as diverse in capacity and size as other available solutions. Heating fields can be in the form of a circle, oval, or rectangle.
Most manufacturers use intuitive solutions. Some people choose mechanically adjustable pens or tactile sliders (electronic sliders). You can also find induction stoves on the market controlled by color LCD displays. More expensive models of such hobs are equipped with sensors located on the front or side of the device.
What are the differences from the other signs
Due to the wide range of induction stoves available on the market, it is difficult to choose a specific model. Most devices differ in shape, color, and available features. When working with induction hobs, remember the following:
1.To prevent improper operation of household appliances, do not place wet pans on the surface and keep it perfectly clean.
2.The vessels for the presented built-in equipment must be made of ferromagnetic steel and have a flat bottom corresponding to the heating zone.
3.Do not leave magnetic cards near the induction hob, for example, in an ATM, as they may demagnetize.
4.To save energy, you need to use dishes with lids.
Induction stoves are a special type of cookware. The principle of operation is to heat metal tanks caused by eddy currents. The latter are created by a high-frequency magnetic field. The advantages of induction furnaces are the highest efficiency (about 90% vs. 60-70% in conventional electric stoves), the rapid achievement of the desired temperature, accurate maintenance of temperature, safety, and more. Manufacturers provide induction stoves with many additional features. They facilitate the cooking process and make the heating more accurate.
- Recognition of the size of the vessel. The sensors detect the edges of the vessel and select the appropriate amount of energy for its diameter.
- Detection of the presence of dishes. In connection with the presented function, the hob is automatically switched on or off.
- Scheduled execution time. After a certain time, the hob switches off automatically. The electronics signal the end with an audible signal.
- The presence of a cooking control sensor. They detect the temperature inside the pan and automatically adjust it. The sensor also tells you when to fry. There is a function that provides acceleration of heating up to 50% by increasing the power of the electromagnetic field.
- Residual heat indicator. Indicates whether the hob remains warm. This is important in terms of security and resource savings.
- Stop and go. Allows you to reduce the level of heating in the field to 1, when you need to leave the kitchen for a while. When you return, simply press the button and the disc will restore the previous cooking settings.
- Allows you to save cooking settings that you can use in the future. This is a very practical feature for people who value their free time.
- Automatic interruption of the disc when overheating during cooking. This helps prevent damage to dishes and household equipment.
- The bridge. The function allows you to connect two adjacent heating fields in one. In the case of using larger dishes, this is very useful.
- The button can be used to lock all disk settings and prevent accidental on or off. This feature is very relevant when children live in the house.
Recommended cooking utensils
To use the induction hob, you need to get a set of special vessels made of ferromagnetic steel. Cooking is more efficient if the pan consists of several layers made of high-quality materials. Induction stoves are not the cheapest but can be used for many years because they are of the highest quality.
Before using the purchased induction stove, it must be connected. The assembly of induction hobs must be carried out by an electrician who correctly connects the wires. More and more manufacturers require the person assembling the device to leave a stamp on the warranty card confirming the correct installation of the induction hob. Improper cable connections can damage household equipment, resulting in loss of warranty.